Wakeboarding takes you tearing through the waters of the Dubai Sea giving you an unparalleled adrenaline rush. This popular water sport is a lot like surfing. You shall have to maneuver a board through the waves just like you do while surfing. Only, wakeboarding is far more thrilling since you are tugged through the splashing waters with a motorboat leading the way at speeds of 30-40 kilometers per hour.
Your safety is given utmost priority as you are strapped to a life jacket and you are also made to attend a safety briefing conducted by experts before cutting through the glittering waters of the sea. Cutting through the waves while the refreshingly warm water of the sea splashes against your face is a delightful feeling. Here’s an experience of a lifetime beckoning you—one that you won’t ever forget.
The Highlights of Wakeboarding in Dubai
- Brace yourself for the thrill of a lifetime after you’ve reached where the adventure starts, the Xtreme Wake
- This super thrilling water sport has you cutting through the seawater at speeds of 30-40 km/hr. tugged by a speedboat
- You’ll be under the guidance of a professional instructor all along and he’ll train you on how to slip on the life jacket and how to maneuver the waves
- Feel the adventurer in you come alive as you go tearing through the waves feeling the refreshing sea water splash against your face
- This 15-minute adventure gives you a rush of adrenaline that few other experiences can match
- Women who are more than 3 months pregnant are advised not to go for this sport as a safety precaution
- You may be barred from participating if the instructor finds you unfit
- As the activity is time-bound, all participants are requested to reach the venue at least 30 minutes before the time slot they book
- Before or after the activity, please avoid consuming heavy food and alcohol
- The activity is greatly influenced by weather conditions. If the weather conditions are unfavorable, the activity may be canceled. The revised time slots will be intimated to all participants
How to Reach the Venue
By the Metro: You can reach Xtreme Wake, Dubai Marina by taking a metro on the Red Line or the M1 to the Jumeirah Lakes Tower metro station from the station nearest to you.
- By bus: Buses on route numbers B-84 and B-55A take you to Xtreme Wake, Dubai Marina
- By tram: Board any tram that takes you to the Jumeirah Lakes Tower metro station.
The Cancellation Policy
- No cancellation charges are applied if you cancel your bookings 24 hours prior to the scheduled commencement of the activity
- A 100% cancellation charge is applied if you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled commencement of the activity
- The amount shall be credited to your account within 7 working days if you are found eligible for a refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it necessary to know swimming for wakeboarding?
Yes, a rudimentary knowledge of swimming is mandatory.
- What equipment do I need for wakeboarding?
You shall need a wet suit, a buoyancy aid, a helmet, and of course, a wakeboard.
- Is wakeboarding open to kids as well?
Yes, kids with basic knowledge of swimming can go wakeboarding. Extra care is taken for their safety.
- Do I need to bring any proof of identity?
Yes, you are requested to bring your Emirates ID/passport for the purpose of verification.
- Shall we be accompanied by an instructor?
Yes, you’ll be accompanied by a professional expert all through the ride.