The stunning region of Khor Al Maqta, with its breathtaking sights such as the magnificent Sheik Zayed Mosque, has become a hub for luxurious entertainment options. Leading the pack is the lavish AED 850 million Al Qana Complex project, featuring the National Aquarium Abu Dhabi as its centerpiece. This project aligns with Abu Dhabi’s Vision 2030 to transform the capital into a top tourist destination. Situated along the 2.4 km Al Maqta Canal, the massive development is a joint effort between the Abu Dhabi Municipality and Al Barakah International Investments.
Al Qana is a massive 150,000-square-meter complex that boasts a lineup of world-renowned attractions. The crown jewel of them all is the awe-inspiring National Aquarium Abu Dhabi. At a grandiose 9000 square meters, it’s the largest aquarium in the Middle East, showcasing a vast collection of creatures from all corners of the globe. You’ll be able to see some of the region’s most magnificent specimens, including eagle rays, hammerhead sharks, zebra sharks, and even the Black Sea Devil and Super Snake! This is not an experience you want to miss!
The National Aquarium Abu Dhabi is an underwater wonderland, featuring 10 incredible zones that are home to hundreds of thousands of marine creatures from over 300 species. Get up close and personal with the UAE’s natural treasures, including the unique aquatic animals that call the Eastern Arabian Peninsula their home. Immerse yourself in the region’s rich pearl farming history, and explore the Atlantic Cave, the beauty of the Red Sea Wreck, and the fascinating marine life at the Sub. Take a sneak peek at one of Abu Dhabi’s hidden island gems, Bu Tinah Island. The surprises keep coming as you wander through the Ring of Fire, the Ocean, and the Flooded Forest. This is a journey you won’t forget!
Key Highlights of National Aquarium Abu Dhabi
- Witness more than 300 species of marine creatures.
- There are 10 different themed zones sheltering thousands of wonders from aquatic life.
- Get a close view of approximately 200 marine animals and aquatic mammals.
- Go for an unforgettable glass bridge walk to find out what is happening behind the scenes.
- Board a glass-bottomed dhow boat and explore the underwater world as you sail on the water.
- Step inside the Atlantic Cave to see the stunning Red Sea Wreck and the submarine life.
- The Flooded Forest Zone has the massive Super Snake to make you spellbound.
- Access to National Aquarium Abu Dhabi.
- Entry into the different themed zones as many times as you want.
- Watch 46000 marine creatures belonging to more than 300 species.
- Immersive experiences
- Walk on the glass bridge
- Sailing on the glass-floored dhow
- Foods and drinks
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- You are required to show a valid ID proof upon arrival.
- Foreign nationals need to share their visa and passport details to get entry.
- Weather conditions and technical issues may affect the operation of certain attractions. However, the service provider is not responsible for these problems.
- A Green Status on the Alhosn app and complete vaccination of the guests is mandatory to enter the aquarium.
- Reach the spot at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- The ticket is valid for a specific time and date.
- The aquarium is wheelchair-friendly.
- Children below 12 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- The duration of the activity is approximately 90 minutes.
- Large bags and heavy luggage are not allowed inside the aquarium.
- Visit the TNA counters to redeem the tickets.
Ticket Booking and Cancelation Policy
- Children below 3 years will get free entry.
- Ticket once booked cannot be canceled.
National Aquarium Abu Dhabi Tickets with FAQs
- What are the operational hours of the aquarium?
The operational hours of the aquarium are 10 am to 10 pm. It remains open from Monday to Sunday.
- What is the best time to visit National Aquarium?
The best time to visit National Aquarium is a weekday. On a weekday, the aquarium is less crowded. Go to the aquarium on a weekday before 11 am or after 3 pm to explore at your own pace.
- Is there any dress code?
Dress appropriately to go to the aquarium. Wearing indecent clothes may prevent your entry. A top, a pant, and shoes are the failsafe option for you.
- Is it cold inside the aquarium?
It is an indoor aquarium where all the exhibits including Rainforest are created. A temperature of 70 degrees is maintained throughout the year.