The fascinating megapolis of Dubai has a wealth of experiences for you. Huge shopping malls and buildings, beautiful beaches, fascinating aquariums, and skiing experiences – the list goes on.
However, adventure sports enthusiasts are not to be deprived here, either. They can go for the exciting Jebel Jais Zipline activity. We are proud to state that this is the longest zipline in the world!
Located on the border of Ras Al Khaimah & Oman amidst the majestic Jebel Jais Mountains, this zip line activity is the perfect adrenaline rush – away from the hustle and bustle of urban Dubai. This is the best opportunity to get yourself recharged.
The zipline is located almost 5000 feet above sea level and has a length of close to 3 km. you would feel like a bird soaring through the clouds, with the sky-kissing peaks of the Jebel Jais Mountains giving you company.
And rest assured – this is a perfectly safe activity for anyone who maintains reasonably good health and is not overweight. The equipment used is the best of its kind, guaranteed to hold your weight in even inclement weather. So – don’t worry! Allow yourself the immense pleasure of flying amidst the magnificent sceneries all around.
- Pick up and drop back at the hotel of your residence
- A visit to Jebel Jais via The Ferrata if you have selected the option
- Zipline experience at Jebel Jais
- The trip starts with a pickup from your centrally located Dubai hotel. From here, Jebel Jais is around an hour’s drive to the neighboring emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
- Once you reach the Welcome Center at the mountain, you would be given an elaborate safety briefing and the related details about the zipline. Also, the do’s and don’ts of the activity form an important part of the briefing.
- Done with the briefing? Now it’s time to get harnessed to the zipline. Our expert & highly experienced members of staff would do this job with the maximum skill. Now, you are ready to set off from the launching pad atop the mountain, close to 5000 feet above the ground.
- Zoom away at speeds of almost 150 km per hour into empty space to the foothills – almost 3 km downhill. Feel like a bird cruising through the sky while dashing towards the earth – with total safety & protection.
- Reach the transparent platform, 80 meters above the ground, at breakneck speeds – but without a scratch on yourself.
- From the platform, you would cruise a further 1 km downwards – till you reach the foot of the mountain, the starting point.
- After the successful completion of this daredevil activity, you would be awarded a certificate – the official Jebel Jais flight certificate. Get yourself clicked in front of the Jebel Jais Hall of Fame. All those “likes” on your social media account will be pouring in!
How to Reach?
- Planning to come in a self-driven vehicle? You need to come right up to the mountains. Don’t worry, there are ample signboards along the way to guide you to the right place. Your GPS would also come in handy.
- Alternatively, you can avail of our pickup service, as already mentioned.
- Wednesday to Sunday – 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Best Time to Visit
- November to April
Points to Remember
- Carry your passport/Emirates ID at all times
- You would need to sign a liability waiver form before the activity
- Wear proper climbing/trekking shoes, and not sandals
- Pregnant women, senior citizens, and those with medical conditions like high blood pressure are disallowed from this activity
- People under the influence of intoxicants would be prevented from participating in the zipline
- The weight of the participants should be between 40 & 150 kg, and the minimum height to be 122 cm.
- Please carry water bottles with you
So – welcome to the pulsating Jebel Jais Zipline activity! It’s a perfectly safe way to enjoy some adrenaline rush. Soak in the beauty of the majestic mountains as you zoom down towards the earth from over 5000 feet!