What about exploring the beauty of the mountains by sitting on a sledder? Wouldn’t it be thrilling? To offer more adventurous activities, the UAE has opened a sledder track along the edges of Jebel Jais. Get ready for a wild and thrilling Jebel Jais sledder ride!
Strapped into a low-slung track, you’ll soar through the stunning Hajar mountain range, reaching speeds of up to 40 km/hr as you take in breathtaking views of the coastline. The proximity to the ground amplifies the speed, making for an unforgettable 8-minute journey covering 1,840 meters of hairpin curves and waves. Buckle up for the ride of a lifetime!
Once secured, riders can control their speed using the available braking system and maintain their desired pace throughout the ride.
The Jais Sledder promises a safe and unforgettable ride, built to the highest safety and technical standards. The sledding activity adheres to ISO 19202 guidelines and features cutting-edge design technologies in track planning, design and calculation, production, construction, and testing. With comfortable seating for two people, one in front and one in back, each sledder is equipped with a braking system and secure fastenings for a worry-free experience.
With a breathtaking winding track down the Hajar mountain range, the Jais Sledder will solidify Ras Al Khaimah’s status as the ultimate destination for thrill-seekers. As the longest toboggan in the region, the Jais Sledder is just one of several exciting new attractions at Jebel Jais, the tallest mountain in the UAE. Not only are these attractions packed with excitement, but they are also designed with sustainability and eco-tourism in mind. So head over to the Jais Adventure Park and experience the Jais Sledder in Ras Al Khaimah for yourself!
Key Highlights of Jebel Jais Sledder
- A perfect sport for thrill enthusiasts.
- Explore the beauty of the Hajar Mountain range as you slide on the sled at a speed of 40km/hr.
- As you’ll be sitting close to the ground, the speed will increase to 10x approx. So, you can feel the adrenaline rush as you soar high up to the mountains.
- ISO 19202 safety guidelines have been followed to ensure the safety of the passengers.
- You can cover the 1840-meter track in just 8 minutes.
- Kindly bring a valid photo ID proof with you.
- The minimum age requirement for the experience is 3 years and the height has to be at least 105cm.
- The person who is going to drive the sled has to be at least 150 cm in height. Moreover, he has to be a minimum of 12 years old to act as the driver.
- 10-year-old kids who are at least 138 cm can enjoy this activity either as an individual or with a companion. However, in this case, each guest needs individual tickets.
- The sled can accommodate up to 150 kg weight in total. Therefore, make sure the combined weight of you and your companion is not exceeding the maximum capacity of the sled.
- Wear the seatbelt properly.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drug will not be allowed to go for this sport.
- Touching the track is strictly prohibited.
- The driver is advised not to stop the sled unless any emergency arises.
- There should be a gap of at least 25 meters between the sled and the driver.
- You’re not allowed to eat food or chew gum during the ride.
- The ride is not pet-friendly.
- Avoid carrying any other objects like umbrellas, backpacks, etc. during this activity.
- You’re not allowed to open the seatbelts during the ride. Also, make sure to keep your arms and legs inside the sled.
- Cameras and mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
- Operational changes for safety purposes may lead to the cancelation of the scheduled trip.
- The driver must be able to follow all written and verbal instructions.
- The driver should also be able to control the speed of the sled using brake levers.
- Participants have to sign a waiver form before participating.
- Ticket purchasers of all three rides have to go for the rides on the same day.
Who is Not Recommended?
- Expectant mothers
- Cardiac patients
- People having back or neck injury
- Anyone who is not fit enough to follow the safety instructions.
When is the Best Time to Experience Jebel Jais Sledder?
Early morning in the months of November to February is the best time to enjoy the sledder. This time of the day not only experiences the least crowd but also gives you stunning photo opportunities.
Jebel Jais Sledder remains open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9 am to 6:00 pm.
Tickets for Jebel Jais Sledder
- A single ride costs AED 45 for a solo adult.
- Three rides cost AED 100 for a solo adult.
- A single ride costs AED 60 together for an adult and a child.
- Three rides cost AED 125 together for an adult and a child.