Dubai is a city that never ceases to amaze. Any creation, however impossible it might seem, can be made possible in Dubai. Think of city-sized shopping malls or cloud-kissing skyscrapers or massive artificial islands in the shape of the world’s map – Dubai has done it all. And another jaw-dropping wonder is the Dubai Mall Aquarium.
This is an aquarium like no other. Welcome to the largest suspended aquarium in the world – located inside the world’s largest shopping mall. Spread across 3 levels, the sheer size of the aquarium leaves visitors spellbound. It houses more than 33,000 species of the most exotic marine creatures in more than 10 million gallons of water.
From giant crocodiles weighing over 700 kgs to the ferocious piranha; from friendly penguins to over 300 sharks and stingrays; from sea snakes and lizards to an amazing variety of fish – you would be spoilt for choice at what to see here. The aquarium is home to one of the largest collections of Sand Tiger Sharks globally.
Many more rare species of marine flora and fauna are to be seen here. And not for a minute would you feel as if you are in an artificial aquarium. The naturalness of the underwater ecosystem has been represented so perfectly here, that you can almost feel yourself being a part of the serenity and beauty of this wonderful world.
What More to See Here?
- Take a tour of the underwater observatory and also a “behind-the-scenes” tour to view more marine life from up close and also to know about how this massive facility is maintained and constantly upgraded to bring more variety for visitors.
- The Underwater Zoo would expose you to the fantastic world of the marine biosphere. Many exclusive displays here would enlighten you about this fascinating world that stays hidden from our eyes. Also, the 180-degree Aquarium Tunnel is a must-visit. You would view exotic creatures like Sea Jellies, Sea Horses, giant crabs & spiders, otters, dugongs, whale sharks, and water rats – almost from a handshaking distance.
- Visit the Big Screen Theatre. Here, you would get to know more about how this huge family of marine fauna is taken care of, along with the multitude of human visitors every day.
- Hop on to the Glass Bottom Boat. A ride on this boat is a never-before experience. Watch a large number of marine animals swim under your feet as you get a crystal clear vision of them. You would also get to know a wealth of information about the various marine species from our extremely knowledgeable and cordial staff members. Gaining knowledge while having immense fun – could anything be better than that?
- For adrenaline junkies, there are terrific opportunities like Dive with Sharks and Cage Snorkeling. Watch these ferocious but beautiful creatures come within sniffing distance of you and check you out. These rides would, for sure, put your courage to the test – while ensuring that you have lots of fun!
How to Reach There?
- Take the Dubai Metro and get down at the Burj Khalifa-Dubai Mall station. From there, you can take a feeder bus to the mall. Alternatively, you can take a walk through the Metro Link Bridge. The mall is just a 15-minute walk away from the station.
- You can also take a cab or a self-driven rented car service and reach straight up to the mall.
Points to Keep in Mind
- Please keep your valid identity proof handy at all times
- Children must be accompanied by guardians at all times
- Pickup can be arranged from central locations in Dubai, subject to the availability of facilities
- No refund for services partially utilized
- Operating hours – Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.; Thursday to Saturday: 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M.
- No charges are payable for cancellations prior to 24 hours of the trip start time
- 100% charges payable for cancellations within 24 hours of the trip start time
- Children under 2 years – free entry; children between 2 and 15 years – child rate payable; children above 15 years – adult rates payable