The famous Al Ain Zoo is one of the iconic destinations in Abu Dhabi, and with Al Ain Zoo tickets, you can explore this wonderful place. Located in the green city, the zoo features more than 4000 different unseen animals, like Arabian Oryx, rhinos, hippos, lions, and more. However, the catch is the zoo is home to endangered species, as 30% out of 180 animals here are endangered. The late President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan opened the zoo in 1968.
Furthermore, the Sheikh Zayed Desert Learning Centre inside the zoo features the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). It is an insightful and fantastic place to learn about the Emirates’ natural environment. Explore the latest addition to the zoo, Al Ain Safari- one of the unique and remarkable ecosystems covering a massive area of 215 hectares.
Al Ain Zoo Highlights
- The home to over 200 different animals will leave you spellbound.
- Get detailed insights into the local flora and fauna and how the animals behave in their natural habitat.
- Guests can interact with the animals. Hence, feed them, ride a camel, or play with the penguins.
Animals you will spot in the zoo.
- Mammals- The zoo features animals, like Barbary sheep, gazelles, jaguars, lions, cheetahs, and more. Besides, you will spot pumas, Arabian leopards, African lions, etc. Hence, you can tell that the Al Ain Zoo is an ideal family-friendly destination to explore in Abu Dhabi.
- Birds- Have you seen a Steppe Eagle in documentaries? Doesn’t it seem fascinating and gorgeous? At the Al Ain Zoo, you will see the eagle in person. Furthermore, you will spot other exotic birds, like flamingoes, cockatoos, flightless emus, and desert eagle owls.
- Reptiles- Zoos are no fun without reptiles and tortoises. However, the Al Ain Zoo will surprise you with giant reptiles in glass enclosures with natural habitats (man-made). You will find Aldabra tortoises and Nile crocodiles- the main attraction in the reptile zone.
Al Ain Zoo Tickets Inclusions
- Enjoy train rides inside the Al Ain Zoo.
- Explore the Sheikh Zayed Desert Learning Centre.
- Find attractive themes and experiences spread through five galleries (Sheikh Zayed Tribute Hall, Visions of the Arabian Desert, Feature Theatre Abu Dhabi’s Desert Over Time, Abu Dhabi’s Living World, People of the Desert, and Looking to the Future).
Al Ain Zoo Timings
The Al Ain Zoo opens every day around 9 am and closes by 8 pm. However, during Ramadan days, the timings are from 9 pm to 6 pm.
- Kids below 3 can enter for free.
- Children between 3-12 must buy child tickets.
- Children above 12 must pay the adult charge.
- Kids below 16 must come with their guardians.
- E-tickets are acceptable.
- Upon successful booking, you will receive a confirmation voucher in your email.
Can I cancel the tickets anytime?
We will charge a 100% cancellation fee on ticket cancellations.
Can I carry outside food and drinks to the zoo?
No, you cannot carry outside food or drinks inside.
Do we need to follow any dress code?
You are free to wear anything before coming to the activity.