Non-stop fun and excitement beckon you at the Sharjah Desert where dune buggies await you for an adrenaline-thumping ride through the golden sand dunes. Challenge your tenacity to the limits as this audacious off-road adventure takes you roaring through Sharjah’s vast desert on a dune buggy. As you zip along the desert, soak in the breathtaking scenery of Mleiha around you. Zooming up and down the sand dunes on a highly maneuverable dune buggy is no less exhilarating than the wildest of roller coaster rides. We tell you, you’ll love every moment of it.
The dune buggy ride experience has more in store for you than just a ride through the sand dunes of the vast Sharjah Desert. After you’re done with the ride, you can visit the Mleiha Exhibition Center which gives you an insight into the life of the locals and how it has changed with the times. The horse stables at Mleiha are a really interesting place to visit. More adventure awaits you as you take a short hike when you head for the Faya Quarries. You’ll also be visiting the Valley of the Caves, a very intriguing place indeed. The dune buggy ride is therefore a truly wholesome adventure experience.
- The thrilling buggy ride has you exploring Dubai beyond its glamour and opulence as you experience the ruggedness of the Sharjah Desert
- Watch the sun go down on the horizon creating a mesmerizing sight for you to behold
- Experience unbridled thrill as the buggy picks up speed taking you on an unforgettable trip across the desert by Mleiha
- You’ll be assisted and trained by experts on how to handle the dune buggy before you embark on the ride
- Visit the Mleiha Exhibition Centre for interesting tidbits about the place and its people
- The dune buggy rides are operated from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm
- The duration of the entire experience is around 5-6 hours while the ride itself is of 2 hours
- To and fro transfers are arranged from accommodations located in central Dubai
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the best time of the day to go for the dune buggy ride?
It gets very hot in Dubai as the day passes by. Hence, it’s best to go for the dune buggy ride early in the morning between 7:00 and 9:00 am when it’s still quite pleasant.
What’s the perfect attire for the dune buggy ride?
You can turn up in a T-shirt, top, or shirt with long sleeves coupled with a pair of full pants when you go for the dune buggy ride. Not only will you be protected from the blazing sun, but the sand and dust as well. You should also wear footwear that covers your entire feet and make sure to put on a cap or a hat to shade your eyes from the sun.
What’s special about the dune buggy ride?
These super maneuverable buggies give you the thrill that Formula 1 racers experience. Zipping up and down the sand dunes sure is a lot of fun!
Is it safe to go for the dune buggy ride?
You may go for the ride alone or you may have an expert for the company, the dune buggy ride is completely safe. The seating arrangement, the entire build of the buggies, and the engineering that goes into their manufacturing make riding them through the dunes harmless for you.
What tips should those going on a dune buggy ride be aware of?
When going on a dune buggy ride, you should-
- Dress appropriately so you are protected from direct sunlight
- If you aren’t comfortable handling buggies, take along an expert
- Keep fear aside and enjoy every moment
- Make sure that you are carrying enough water since you’ll be consuming a lot of it all through the day
What are the different types of dune buggy rides I can choose from?
The following riding options are available for guests:
- Single Seater Rides for experts
- Double Seater Rides for those who need to be accompanied by an expert
- Three Seater Rides for couples or friends who are accompanied by an expert
- Four Seater Rides for a group of four with or without an expert